Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Top 10: E3 2013

If you don't know already, E3 was last week.  I fully intended to post this last Friday, however circumstances prevented this so I am posting it now.  This list is the top ten games that were shown at E3.  As you read this I want you to know this is all based on my opinion, and there were many other games that almost made the list but didn't.  So without any further delay here is the list.

10. The Order: 1886

       What is The Order?  From what I can tell from the trailer it is a game that takes place in an alternate history, 1886 to be precise.  In the trailer we see a Steampunk looking past and weapons that came out of science fiction.  But what is the point of all of this?  To hunt monsters that's what.  The trailer makes it clear that you kill werewolves at least, if this evolves into killing other supernatural creatures I will be even more excited for this game.  This game however I feel makes the list more because of its premise and not necessarily how amazing it looks.

9. Destiny

       I know what you're all thinking; why is this so low on the list?  Well to be honest it was higher up until the gameplay demo Monday night.  Personally I am just not a fan of the MMO style gaming this is shaping up to be.  Of course I'll probably still buy it, since both of my brothers plan on getting it and PS4s this may be the game that keeps us gaming together once the 360 finally dies.  Until then I  don't plan on getting this one as soon as it releases.

8. The Last of Us

       This one got pushed down because it was already released.  I haven't bought it yet because I wanted to finish my backlog first, but rest assured it will make it to my library very soon.  As a huge fan of the Uncharted series I feel an obligation to get this one.  Plus my brother wants me to buy it soon so he can play it because he doesn't own a PS3, and since I'm only home for the summer that puts a time frame on him.

7. Arkham Origins

       This is the game that got moved ahead after I bumped the last two.  I am a huge fan of the Arkham franchise and have finished both of them 100%.  I wasn't excited for Origins at first because it was a cheap ploy to reuse Joker after killing him off, seriously let him just stay dead, Batman has other villains guys.  But as more information came out I slowly became more excited for this one.  Especially after it was announce you could play as Deathstroke, and then even more so at E3 when Adam West became an unlockable costume.  Chances are I will get this one, and it will hold me over until the Christmas break when I have to get another game on this list.

6. Halo 5

       This game made the list for one simple reason, I am a huge fan of the Halo franchise.  However this game is particularly a sad entry because I have no intention of buying it, at least not unless Microsoft gets their head out of their ass and realize the Xbox One needs to be fixed.  Since this game releases a year after the Xbox One I hope that happens, otherwise it will just be a series that will fade away, never to grace my library again.  Which is really unfortunate since I bought the original Xbox and the 360 specifically for the Halo franchise, and have been a loyal fan since the beginning.

5. Titanfall

       Yet another sad entry into this list.  This one is sad because it is the last 360 game I plan to buy, effectively killing off the console in my mind.  The point of this game is massive scale battles where players run around on foot or in giant mechs called Titans to complete objectives.  I'm a little worried for this one since it sounds like it is only a multiplayer game, and I personally dislike online gaming.  But lets hope that there is also a campaign mode and this one can stay at number 5.

4. Infamous Second Son

       I got the first two Infamous games as a birthday present after I finally bought a PS3.  And I must admit I was hooked.  The new game has a new hero with new powers, and actually seems more my style of character as opposed to Cole from the last two games.  This one also takes place in Seattle, a city I spent a lot of my youth in, and to this day dislike going to.  I intend for this one to be one of the first games I get for the PS4, and transition me into the new generation of consoles.

3. Beyond: Two Souls

       I was blown away by this one at last year's E3, and I even intended to wait to buy it until I had the funds to get it on PS4.  But then I learned it wasn't going to be on PS4, but the PS3 I already own.  Thus this will be my winter break game until I beat it and am inevitably forced to get another one to keep from getting bored.  When the game was announced last year I immediately when out and bought the game that the studio made before it, Heavy Rain, and if this is anything like that one then I plan on enjoying every minute of it.

2. Watch_Dogs

       This game was the clear winner at E3 2012, and a year later, it almost was again.  In fact the only reason it wasn't was because at the last minute Sony announced a game I have been waiting for for almost 8 years, but more on that later.  Watch_Dogs allows the player to have full access of the electrical grid for a city.  Not only that but the main character uses this to be a vigilante in said town.  To top it all off the game has a free-running element similar to Assassin's Creed.  So to recap, it's a sci-fi action game where you have power over the city itself to be a superhero.  This game might as well be called; Scott, We made this game specifically for you.  This is the first game I plan to buy for the PS4, and I have already started setting aside money in order to get it as soon as possible.

1. Kingdom Hearts III

       This one needs a little context in order for you all to understand why it's number 1.  Kingdom Hearts was the first game I bought on the PS2, and I was instantly hooked.  It combined all the Disney characters I grew up with and loved as a child, with my favorite game series Final Fantasy.  It was the perfect game for a 12 year old me.  By the time the second one came out it was easily my favorite game series of all time; combining the RPG elements I love, with an action style gameplay, and some beloved characters from the past just for good measure.  But then I had to wait for the third game that was promised.  So I waited, and waited, and I put up with the crap side games, the good prequel, and finally the good 3DS successor.  But still no Kingdom Hearts 3.  This was the game I actually bought the PS3 to own, and now it looks like it is finally happening.  It doesn't matter to me which console gets this one, I'm gonna buy it, I've played since the beginning, and I intend to keep going until the end.

       Do you have a comment about my list?  or simply have a list of your own.  If so please feel free to leave a comment below.






No comments:

Post a Comment