Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wishlist: Future Pokemon installments

I have been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning, and it is one of those extremely rare cases were every installment feels unique and yet familiar at the same time.  With that I do still have some ideas for my "Ultimate" version of the game.  Keep in mind this is my personal list, and yours may be different, and I invite you to leave a comment below with things you want to see.

1. Full Map

       Considering this is a huge task, I don't expect to see this until at least the next generation of handhelds, especially since they games finally made the switch to full 3-D.  But eventually why not make a Pokemon game that utilizes all the regions?  It can even be a major anniversary edition.  Basically I want to be able to travel the new region, and then take my same team back to Johto and Kanto.  Plus with more to do, the chances of getting Pokemon to lv 100 goes up considerably.

2. Online Play

       This seems to be the one thing everyone wants.  Gen 5 sorta had this, but imagine if they took the next logical step with it.  Rather than enter some nearby players game as a random NPC, why not connect you two games and interact on equal terms?  Online gaming has been around for over a decade now, and Pokemon is the perfect franchise for Nintendo to finally get in on the action.

3. All Starters Available

       I'm fine with being forced to choose a starter, but I want the other generation's starters to make a return.  Perhaps by utilizing the other ideas above, online with all regions players could choose where they start and thus which Pokemon they can choose to start with.  Or how about you can earn them by doing tasks within the game.  I currently have most of the starters in my Black version ready to move up to X or Y, so this isn't a huge problem for me at the moment.

4. More Evveelutions

       The Eeveelutions are my all time favorite Pokemon, they have decent power, and their is one for just about every situation.  That being said I really want to see an Eevee for every type.  For example my brother is a Dragon trainer, and I am an Eevee trainer, there is a joke between my brothers whenever someone asks a hypothetical chioce, Por que no los dos?  Which means "Why not both?"  Imagine a dragon, ghost, or Steel Eevee, or even better yet, a legendary Eevee that could hold it's own with the likes of Mew, Deoxys, and Celebi.

5. Return Mewtwo to his rightful place

       This may already be happening with X and Y, but when I was a child Mewtwo was the most powerful Pokemon in existence, and there was even a movie that proved this.  But now there are at least one legendary from every game that can match him, and now there are even Pokemon stronger than him, this is stupid.  Now it's Mewtwo is the most aggressive Pokemon, but since Gen 1 his Pokedex entry states he uses as little energy as possible to save it for battle.  As of now Mewtwo is tied for 3rd strongest Pokemon...3rd behind a fuzzy Llama and an alternate form for an Ice Dragon who is useless otherwise.

       If I made this list a year ago it would be have been much longer, including things like full 3-D, customizable player characters, new types, and riding Pokemon, but these are just a few things  already announced for the upcoming X and Y versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment