Saturday, November 16, 2013

Top 10: Pokemon who need Mega Evolutions

I got the new Pokemon game last weekend, and I'm really enjoying it.  However the one problem I found with it is the lack of new Pokemon, most are from older games, but their is one new feature that I am really enjoying...Mega Evolutions.  With Mega Evolution Pokemon now have an advantage over their wild brethren, and the right Mega can change the course of a battle.  The only drawback is the Megas end up drawing too much attention and keep you from using some other valid options.  So I decided to make a list of Pokemon that deserve Mega Evolutions in the next generation of Pokemon (or upcoming events and free updates, please Nintentdo).

10) Eevee

Eevee is the evolution Pokemon, and eventually will have a form for every type in the Pokemon world (Still waiting on my Steel type).  However a normal type evolution may not be the best route, a Mega evolution for its original form would make it as powerful as the rest, without the need to come up with a gimmick to evolve it.

9) The weaker Legendary Pokemon

Every generation their are the insanely powerful legends like Mewtwo, Lugia, Dialga, and Reshiram.  But their are even more that are weaker like the Bird trio, the beasts, Deoxys, and even Mew.  The real insult to these guys however is their is a subclass of Pokemon known as Pseudo-legendary; these are Pokemon  you can catch more than 1 of,  are not banned from official tournaments, and are just as powerful as the weaker legiondaries.  It get worse now that Tyranatar, one of these pseudo-legendary Pokemon can mega evolve, making him more Powerful than about 90% of all Pokemon.


8) Dragonite

For those of you like me you may be wondering why an elegant blue serpent dragon evolves into Barney's retarded cousin.  A Mega evolution may be the perfect way to fix this, make him more like his previous forms while still retaining the appearance of an evolution.  Plus if you look at the evolutionary line for this guy, he would be perfect to combine the dragon and fairy types, making a dragon that Jigglypuff cannot destroy.

7) Any Bird Type

In Pokemon Fly is quite possibly the most useful of the HMs, thus you are forced to always keep a bird on your team that knows the move, the catch? Most of them suck.  Sure there are exceptions like Braviary and Pigeot.  But wouldn't it be great if one of these birds could evolve into something more useful?  The same thing goes for Surf but I'll get to that one later.

6) Porygon Z

Porygon is an artificially made Pokemon, much like Mewtwo and Genesect.  But Mewtwo already gets a Mega form and Genesect is covered under my weaker Pokemon  so that leaves this guy.  Porygon is man made, and to be honest once he reaches the final stage is quite powerful.  But because he is artificial I feel it only makes sense that he gets a mega form.  Think about it he is simply data, so why not have a code in him somewhere that allows him to mega evolve? 

5) Snorlax & Sudowoodo


The reason I picked these two is simple, there's not a lot of them, usually just 1 or 2 in each generation.  This means you usually had 1 shot to catch them or else you could never finish your Pokedex.  In fact up until a year ago my brother was convinced they were legendary Pokemon because of how rare they seemed to be in the games.  Alithough if I had to choose 1, then I'd go with Snorlax just because the thing is so cool.

4) Pokemon that Don't evolve

Up until you defeat the Elite Four and can go after the powerful legendary Pokemon your strategy is fairly simple, capture a pokemon and evolve it to it's final form to dominate in battle.  But what about the Pokemon who don't evolve?  Originally I was just going to put Lapras, but I then realized it can hold its own, unlike others like Corsola.  Plus if they don't evolve, what's the point of training them? thus they often end up in your PC never to be used again.

3) The rest of the trade evolvers

X and Y gave us Mega evolutions that required us to work with a friend to achieve.  The problem is, what about the physical Pokemon Machamp and Golem.  As a child some of the coolest Pokemon required me and my friends to all get together and pool our resources to get.  Best of all there was one for everybody's preference, want a strong defense? use a Golem; want to attack mercilessly? how about Machamp.  Fast forward to today and the only friend I have that plays Pokemon lives 300 miles away, so getting these Pokemon is even more of an accomplishment then when someone to trade with was a short bike ride away.  So why not make them all worth having and give us mega evolutions for them.


2) Raichu

A Little explanation on this one, Pikachu has been the mascot for the Pokemon franchise since the beginning.  Therefore it makes sense for him to get a mega evolution.  However Pikachu already evolves into Raichu, so instead give one to him.  The first Pokemon game I ever owned was Yellow version, so Pikachu was my first ever Pokemon, in Yellow Pikachu had the ability to learn Surf, turning his only weakness into a strength.  I lent my Pikachu to a friend to help him beat the elite four and learned he could be evolved so long as he was in someone else's game.  Thus Raichu holds a special place in my heart as the first Pokemon I ever owned, and in X I have one in my team because of how devastating it is to Water types.  Plus giving him a mega evolution kinda ties in with the next list number.


1) The Rest of the Starters

In X and Y we get a new starter, one that I really liked, but then I got a Torchic from Mystery Gift, and then a Charmander from the Prof, and guess what: those two Mega evolve.  Thus my new starter ended up taking a backseat because he simply couldn't compete.  The starters are the Pokemon that you choose at the beginning of any Pokemon game and are supposed to be your partner throughout your journey.  With that logic it only makes sense that they ALL get a new form that is based on the personal bond you have with a Pokemon (at least that's how Mega Evolution is explained in the games).  I chose to start with Fennekin, and in doing so screwed myself with a massive water weakness by having 3 different fire type starters, so why make it worse by making Delphox a weaker option than the others.

Agree with my list? disagree? feel free to leave a comment below, I'm interested to hear what Pokemon you all feel deserve Mega evolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment