Saturday, October 11, 2014

Wishlist: Arkham Knight

It's been a while since my last entry, honestly I just haven't had the time to do so.  So as my return entry I want to go over the things I want to see in the final installment of the Arkham franchise.  When I first heard this game was announced, I was excited.  Then when my favorite Batman character was announced as the pre-order bonus I instantly went out to my local Gamestop to reserve a copy.  Then the game was delayed, and I figured no big deal...then the new release date ended up being 6 months later...a date that I may not even be living anywhere near the Gamestop I reserved the game at.  So because of the delay I am holding this game to some pretty high standards.  Lets get started shall we?

1. New Gadgets

This is a given, and something I'm not too concerned mot being in the game.  The Arkham games are known for their gadgets, and the last two games has shown Batman will even adapt his villains gadgets...which could open up some great ideas for a game where the villains are all fighting to fill the void left by Joker.  Imagine Fear Gas pellets, or chattering teeth distractors.  But considering Rocksteady's track record in this aspect I'm sure we'll get something new.

2. Every Playable Character Possible

Over the course of the Arkham games we have been able to play as not only Batman, but also Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Bane, Joker, and Deathstroke.  And with the upcoming Arkham Knight we have already been promised Red Hood and Harley Quinn.  But I want all the other characters to be playable again.  Each of these characters plays differently, so removing characters that people are good with and adding characters they may not be able to use kinda cheapens the challenge mode.  Besides, as a final send off to the series, wouldn't it be a nice thank you to the fans to have a large playable roster?

3. Multiplayer

Hear me out, I know Rocksteady doesn't want full blown Multiplayer like in Origins, but I have always wanted to see multiplayer challenges.  Basically I want to see what is in this picture, two people teaming up to beat up criminals.  If not, then at least give us a way to compete switching between players in a set playlist Mario Bros. style.

4. Lots of Costumes

Another thing the Arkham Games are good at, lots of costumes.  But like with the characters, my favorite suit in Arkham City wasn't available in Origins (though I did get a new favorite in the form of the Noel suit).  To me, Costumes make the game more personal to the players, letting them show off their personality within the game.  However unlike previous installments, I want to use the costumes in a New Game+ that isn't ridiculously difficult.  Let me keep everything and adjust the difficulty to match my skill, not what only a handful of people can do.  This goes for the Batmobile as well, since we know their are different skins that will be available for it.

5. Finish the unsolved Mysteries

In Arkham City there are a couple side missions that end on a cliffhanger...well...one cliffhanger and a prophecy.  So now that we are on the final Rocksteady game I and probably a large amount of fans want some closure on these missions.

Well, that's the end of my list...turns out these games are so well made that my list of things I wanna see is short.  I have no doubt the game will be fun, well written, well acted, a time killer, and a compelling mystery.  So as long as Rocksteady doesn't get lazy and release the same game they already made (though given the stuff we know about the game already this isn't happening), we are all in store for the greatest superhero game ever made.  The only downside of this game is that nobody is going to follow their example and create a say, Avengers/Justice League Game that plays as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment